There’s no denying that pro snowboarder and skateboarder Shaun White has the market cornered on all things cool. So when it came time for back-to-school shopping, we just had to ask him and brother Jesse—total kids at heart—what topped their list.
From must-have school supplies (read: Angry Birds notebook) to threads from Shaun’s exclusive collection at Target, this is one list you won’t want to miss. After all, it’s one thing to get back-to-school shopping advice from Mom, and a whole other game to see how a pro athlete would prep for the new school year.
Sketches that inspire the Shaun White for Target collection
Jesse taking the world around him and translating it into artwork
1. Rambo is too cool for school, but with this tee, you can take him there.
2. Check out that postcard from Honolulu—you can see how it inspired graphics for this pirate tee. Fun fact y’all, Jesse was born in Hawaii! Arrrggg!
3. Skinny jeans in a bold color for daring-to-be-different, and gray for keeping-it-mellow.
4. Plaid is back…so is school. Hats and tees to keep you looking good in class.
5. Fun times behind the scenes with the boys. Shaun hanging with Bullseye and Rambo in the Target Chalet at Winter X-Games.
6. We gave this locker dry erase board to Jesse and this is what he drew. Sometimes it’s that simple.
7. With a skateboard strap, laptop pocket, and compartments for all your needs, this backpack makes life easier and breezier.
8. You can never ride too low to rock some high-tops.
9. Random art supplies we salvaged from Jesse’s creative workshop…wonder what he needs all those erasers for?
10. Chewing. And Chewing redefined.
Color palette board hanging on the wall of Shaun and Jesse’s office
1. Skinny chinos and black skinny jeans…staples in Shaun’s wardrobe and yours.
2. Woodstock folder. Study hard. Peace.
3. Shaun’s grip tape roll. A handy Target sticker keeps the roll in place and ready for action.
4. Wear the shoes Shaun wears when he wins X-Games.
5. With this Shaun White Supply Co. helmet, being safe is not a chafe. See what we did there? Rhyming? Funny right?
6. Where it all begins, Jesse and Shaun love to keep notebooks and sketchbooks for their random inspiration, keep it captured.
7. Before it was on a shirt, it was here. Fun images, drawings, and doodles from their scrapbooks.
8. Lightweight canvas shoes for the portable life.
9. Drawing life. Inside the line. Living life. Outside the lines.
10. Fun colors for tees, hoodies, and denim. See the palettes that inspired this season’s line below.
Texture. Color. Accessories. Magic.