Autumn’s cool, crisp days may be around the corner, but we’re big fans of making the most of the dog days of August.
Quench your thirst with a refreshing blend of apple and mint with Giada De Laurentiis’ palate-pleasing punch. Whether you’re lounging poolside or looking for a morning pick-me-up on your way to work, this light and sweet beverage will help you beat the heat.
Apple and Mint Punch by Giada De Laurentiis
What You’ll Need:
1 cup water
½ cup sugar
1 packed up fresh mint leaves
2 cups water
4 green tea bags
1 ½ cups apple juice (recommended: Martinelli’s)
1 cup Mint Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
¼ cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
1 cup sparkling water, chilled
Mint sprigs (optional)
What You’ll Do:
For the Mint Simple Syrup:
1. Add water and sugar to a small saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from heat and add mint leaves.
4. Allow the syrup to cool, about 20 minutes. Strain before using.
Now you’re ready to make your punch:
5. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil over medium-high heat.
6. Turn off heat and add tea bags; let steep for 6 minutes.
7. Remove tea bags and cool tea to room temperature, about 45 minutes.
8. Pour cooled tea into a large pitcher.
9. Add apple juice, Mint Simple Syrup and lemon juice.
10. Refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, add sparkling water and pour punch into ice-filled glasses. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs, if desired.
Click through our step-by-step gallery below
Photos by Chris New