If you haven’t taken your kids to see “Disney’s Planes” in theaters yet, then buckle up and get ready for an animated adventure.
Inspired by the high-flying flick, Target created a DIY carry-on activity kit for kids. With a little help from Mom, Dad and a needle and thread, little pilots will be prepared for any mission and keep busy on long flights, road trips or any of life’s daily journeys.
Just cut your fabric of choice (we used army green felt), and add special pockets to house books, toys, markers and more. Fasten your seat belts!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 yard Fabric
- 3 x 1” side release buckles
- 1” webbing for straps—59” total. Flap straps: 3.5” (2), 10” (2); Handle: 6” and 26”
- Self-adhesive Velcro
- Iron-on or self-adhesive patches
- Colored heavyweight thread
- Fabric scissors
- Quilting pins
- Fabric marking pencil
- Fabric paint
- Fabric glue
What You’ll Do:
1. Download the template here and lay out your fabric.
2. Cut your fabric according to template directions.
3. Sew straps, pockets and flaps.
4. Sew flaps together.
5. Add your own style with dazzle and flair!